Apr 2, 2009

Good weather and a little camp talk!

Whew...finally the sun has come out and I was able to get some good pictures of my pages!!! (Long post....sorry about the upload time... :) )

Maranatha is such an amazing place! Camp starts at 4pm on Friday afternoon and closes on Sunday at 5pm. So you can go and scrap for 49 hours straight or plan for a few hours sleep in between. (My roomy and I usually go down about 4am and up again for breakfast at 9) And it seems that I turn into a 12 little girl every time I step foot into the main hall. This is my 4 year going, so I am getting to know many of the gals that attend. And we spend that first night mostly catching up!

Previously we have stayed in the dorms (12 rooms with bunkbeds and a comunal bathroom) but after this last time, my roomy and I have decided to fork up the extra $20 and stay in the motel style. Case in point, we go to bed at 4am, and are super quite so not to wake anyone who is already sleeping. (And you hear everything in the dorms) So we do expect the same curtiousy in the morning from those early risers. So my roomy, I'll call her Mary, she and I awoke and she asked me, "do you want me to go yell at them. 'People are still sleeping!!'". I said a very quick and sleepy yes. So Mary gets up, walks to the door, opens it, pauses and then shuts it quickly and says "I can't say that to her" and runs back to the bed like a little girl sneaking to the cookie jar at night and hears her parents walking down the hall. LOL Maybe it's one of those 'had to be there moments' but we laughed soo hard.

One of the best parts of camp is that we do not have to cook. We have breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared for us and this year the food was yummy!!!! (Not always the case) They put out a salad bar every meal, and bacon for breakfast!!! Mmmmm.............

Anyway, camp was a blast. I wish that we could do it more often though. Most of the ladies reside in Nebraska, so this is the only time that I get to see them and visit, except on Facebook!! :)

Okay...now onto some pages!!


This first one is Amanda right after her surgery last year. She could not make a complete sentence and just had the sappy silly smile! She was definitely feeling good!!

This was a simple page with journaling...which I do not do enough of, but this was my attempt at changing that!

This page I did for one of the challenges: Make a one page LO with 3 or more pictures. I used a borrowed cricut cartridge 'camping out' to get the branches and pine cones. This is just another cartridge on my long list of wants!!! I took the pine cones and used the stencil on the wrong side, put in some defining lines and then distress them on the right side. And I really like the way they came out! Oh...and I did win!!! 2nd place!!
This page of Taylor and Meko was also one of the daily challenges: A LO using Die Cuts. I used the cricut to cut the background scallop and then embossed it with a glittery white. And for this page, I won 1st place!!
I LOVE the way this page turned out. It was actually a lift from 'Mary' who had printed out some of her favorite pages found online. Below is the lift.

So if this is your page...thanks so much!!!
These next two pages will go in Bayle and Amanda's personal books. These two have an amazing relationship. And I have soo many pictures of them like this!!


This was also done for one of the daily challenges: No embelishments, which means that there cannot be anything more than 2-D on the page. I won 2nd again!!!

A very quick page that I got done on Sunday afternoon. The silver sheet is a reflective paper and I am not really sure where I got it. But it worked!! I liked the end result!!
There were a few more pages and challenges, but I will post them tomorrow! This post is getting pretty long! Have an amazing Thursday!!!

3 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

OMG!!!! I am so extremely JEALOUS!!! It looks like you had a rockin good time!!!! I really love all the layouts you got completed - I just could not imagine being able to be in your own little scrapping world for that long! WOO-HOO! Congrats!

Ann Arbogast said...

Gorgeous layouts you got done! Glad you had a great time.

nebraskagirl said...

your pages even look more gorgeous on line. That Mary story about not wanting to tell people to be quiet.... - doesn't even sound true = just kidding